Sünnje Linnéa Basedow » Members
Here you can find a list of all ARCTOS members and PhD students. In the drop-down menu you can either select the member status or the institution the member belongs to.
- Biophysical interactions: the influence of physical factors and zooplankton behaviour on the spatial distributions (vertically and horizontally) of oceanic zooplankton
- Biovolume spectrum theories (a theoretical approach to estimate vital rates and trophic positions of zooplankton based on high-resolution field data) not at least in dynamic marine ecosystems such as fronts
- New technology (Laser Optical Plankton Counter and Remote Sensing) to gain insight into mechanisms operating on small vs large scales
- Recruitment dynamics of Calanus finmarchicus.
Running national and international projects:
- SEA PATCHES – Sustainable harvesting of a patchy resource: aggregation mechanisms and implications for stock size estimates, 2017-2020, NFR financed
Completed national and international projects:
- CarbonBridge: Bridging marine productivity regimes: How Atlantic advective inflow affects productivity, carbon cycling and export in a melting Arctic Ocean (2013-2017, NFR financed)
- LoVe MarineEco: Plankton dynamics in the Lofoten-Vestrålen ecosystem (2013-2017, Statoil financed)
- Population dynamics of the jellyfish Periphylla periphylla and its impact on cod larvae (2011-2016, PhD project, UoN financed)
- Euro-BASIN: focussed on climate and human forcing, ecosystem impact and consequences for living resources management in the North Atlantic. UoN was mainly involved in work package 3, where we aimed to resolve the oceanographic habitats utilized by key biogeochemical and ecosystem species in the North Atlantic.(2011-2014, EU financed)
- Spatially structured dynamics of cod larvae in Vesterålen (2010-2013, PhD project, UoN financed)
- PopCal (2012-2015, NFR financed) Species distribution and genetic population structure in space and time
Relevant scientific publications:
- Basedow SL, McKee D, Lefering I, Gislason A, Daase M, Trudnowska E, Egeland ES, Choquet M, Falk-Petersen S (2019) Remote sensing of zooplankton swarms. Scientific reports, 9, Article number: 686.
- Basedow SL, Sundfjord A, von Appen W-J, Halvorsen E, Kwasniewski S, Reigstad M (2018) Seasonal Variation in transport of zooplankton Into the Arctic Basin through the Atlantic gateway, Fram Strait. Frontiers in Marine Science, https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2018.00194.
- Espinasse BD, Basedow SL, Schultes S, Zhou M, Berline L, Carlotti, F (2018) Conditions for assessing zooplankton abundance with LOPC in coastal waters. Progress in Oceanography
- Espinasse BD, Basedow SL, Tverberg V, Hattermann T, Eiane K (2016) A major Calanus finmarchicus overwintering population inside a deep fjord in northern Norway: implications for cod larvae recruitment success. Journal of Plankton Research 38, doi: 10.1093/plankt/fbw024.
- Espinasse BD, Tverberg V, Basedow SL, Hattermann T, Nøst OA, Albretsen J, Skardhamar J, Eiane, K (2016) Mechanisms regulating inter-annual variability in zooplankton advection over the Lofoten shelf, implications for cod larvae survival. Fisheries Oceanography 26 doi: 10.1111/fog.12193.
- Basedow SL,da Silva NAL, Bode A, van Beusekorn J (2016) Trophic positions of mesozooplankton across the North Atlantic: estimates derived from biovolume spectrum theories and stable isotope analyses theories and stable isotope analyses. Journal of Plankton Research 38, doi: 10.1093/plankt/fbw070.
- Wiedmann I, Reigstad M, Sundfjord A, Basedow SL (2014) Potential drivers of sinking particle’s size spectra and vertical flux of particulate organic carbon (POC): Turbulence, phytoplankton, and zooplankton. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans
- Trudnowska E, Basedow SL, Blachowiak-Samolyk K (2014) Mid-summer mesozooplankton biomass, its size distribution, and estimated production within a glacial Arctic fjord (Hornsund, Svalbard). Journal of Marine Systems 137: 55-66
- Basedow SL, Zhou M, Tande KS (2014) Secondary production at the Polar front, Barents Sea, August 2007. Journal of Marine Systems 130: 147-159
- Våge S, Basedow SL, Tande KS, Zhou M (2014) Physical structure of the Barents Sea Polar Front near Storbanken in August 2007. Journal of Marine Systems 130: 256-262
- Basedow SL, Tande KS, Norrbin MF, Kristiansen SA (2013) Capturing quantitative zooplankton information in the sea: performance test of laser optical plankton counter and video plankton recorder during a Calanus dominated summer situation. Progress in Oceanography 108:72-80
- Våge S, Basedow SL, Tande KS, Zhou M (2011) Physical structure of the Barents Sea Polar Front near Storbanken in August 2007. Journal of Marine Systems
- Grimaldo E, Leifer I, Gjøsund SH, Larsen RB, Jeuthe H, Basedow SL (2011) Field demonstration of a novel towed, area bubble-plume zooplankton (Calanus sp.) harvester. Fisheries Research 107:147-158
Department of Arctic and Marine Biology Faculty of Biosciences, Fisheries and Economics Tromsø 9037 Norway