Amanda Poste » Members
Here you can find a list of all ARCTOS members and PhD students. In the drop-down menu you can either select the member status or the institution the member belongs to.
- Environmental contaminants
- Aquatic food web structure and function
- Land-ocean interactions
- Plankton ecology
- Catchment biogeochemistry.
I am an aquatic ecologist interested in taking integrative and interdisciplinary approaches in order to gain an understanding of the complex and diverse stressors that currently face freshwater and coastal environments.
Selected national and international projects:
- TerrACE: Effects of terrestrial inputs on Arctic coastal ecosystems (2017-2021)
- Climer: Drivers of mercury in freshwater fish in northern lake ecosystems (2015-2018)
- COCO: Effects of climate change on coastal contaminants (2014-2017)
- DOMCON: Effects of riverine inputs on lower food web structure and Hg bioaccumulation in fjords (2015-2016)
Scientific publications (April 2018):
- Poste, A.E.; Pastukhov M.V.; Braaten H.F.V.; Ozersky, T.; Moore, M. Past and present mercury accumulation in the Lake Baikal seal: Temporal trends, effects of life history and toxicological implications. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 2018, DOI: 10.1002/etc.4095.
- Braaten, H.F.V.; de Wit, H.A.; Larssen, T.; Poste, A.E. Mercury in fish from Norwegian lakes: The complex influence of aqueous organic carbon. Science of the Total Environment 2018, 627, 341–348.
- Everaert, G.; Ruus, A.; Hjermann, D.Ø.; Borgå, K.; Green, N.; Boitsov, S.; Jensen, H.; Poste, A.E. Additive models reveal sources of metals and organic pollutants in Norwegian marine sediments. Environmental Science and Technology 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.7b02964.
- Ozersky, T.; Pastukhov, M.V.; Poste, A.E.; Deng, X.Y.; Moore, M.V. Long-term and ontogenetic patterns of heavy metal contamination in Lake Baikal seals (Pusa sibirica). Environmental Science and Technology 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.7b00995.
- Kishe-Machumu, M.; van Rijssel J.; Poste, A.E.; Hecky, R.E.; Witte, F. Stable isotope evidence from formalin-ethanol preserved specimens indicates dietary shifts and increasing diet overlap in Lake Victoria cichlids. Hydrobiologia 2016, DOI: 10.1007/s10750-016-2925-1
- Poste, A.E.; Muir, D.C.G.; Guildford, S.J.; Hecky, R.E. Bioaccumulation and biomagnification of mercury in African lakes: The importance of trophic status. Science of the Total Environment 2015, 506, 126–136.
- Poste, A.E.; Braaten, H.F. (joint first authors); de Wit, H.A.; Sørensen, K.; Larssen, T. Effects of photodemethylation on the methylmercury budget of boreal Norwegian lakes. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 2015, DOI: 10.1002/etc.2923
- Hanna, D.; Solomon, C.; Poste, A.E.; Buck, D.; Chapman, L. A review of mercury concentrations in freshwater fishes of Africa: Patterns and predictors. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 2015, 34, 215–223.
- Poste, A.E.; Grung, M.; Wright, R.F. Amines and amine-related compounds in surface waters: A review of sources, concentrations and aquatic toxicity. Science of the Total Environment 2014, 481, 274–279.
- Poste, A.E.; Hecky, R.E; Guildford, S.J. Phosphorus enrichment and carbon depletion contribute to high Microcystis biomass and microcystin concentrations in Ugandan lakes. Limnology and Oceanography 2013, 58, 1075-1088.
- Poste, A.E.; Ozersky, T. (joint first authors) Invasive dreissenid mussels and round gobies: a benthic pathway for the trophic transfer of microcystin. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 2013, 32, 2159–2164.
- Poste, A.E.; Muir, D.C.G.; Mbabazi, D.; Hecky, R.E. Food web structure and mercury trophodynamics in two contrasting embayments in northern Lake Victoria. Journal of Great Lakes Research 2012, 38, 699–707.
- Poste, A.E.; Muir, D.C.G.; Otu, M.K.; Hall, R.I.; Hecky, R.E. Past and present mercury flux to a West African crater lake (Lake Bosomtwe/Bosumtwi, Ghana). Science of the Total Environment 2012, 420, 340–344.
- Futter, M.N., Poste, A.E., Butterfield, D.; Dillon, P.J.; Whitehead, P.G.; Dastoor, A.P.; Lean, D.R.S. Using the INCA-Hg model of mercury cycling to simulate total and methyl mercury concentrations in forest streams and catchments. Science of the Total Environment 2012, 424, 219–231.
- Poste, A.E.; Hecky, R.E.; Guildford, S.J. Evaluating microcystin exposure risk through fish consumption. Environmental Science and Technology 2011, 45(13), 5806–5811.
- Poste, A.E.; Hecky, R.E.; Muir, D.C.G. Biomagnification of mercury in a West African crater lake (Lake Bosomtwe, Ghana). Verh. Internat. Verein. Limnol. 2008, 30(4), 647–650.