Amanda Ziegler » Members
Here you can find a list of all ARCTOS members and PhD students. In the drop-down menu you can either select the member status or the institution the member belongs to.
I am currently working as part of the interdisciplinary Nansen Legacy project. My work aims to understand spatial and temporal patterns in the benthic food web structure and functioning within the Northern Barents Sea. Changes in sea ice extent/duration/thickness is driving changes to the primary productivity and seasonality of the pelagic ecosystem which is tightly connected to the benthos. I use stable isotopes of carbon and nitrogen to identify the trophic structure of the benthic community and relate the spatial and temporal patterns we observe to changes in the broader ecosystem, such as changes in organic carbon flux to the seafloor.
- Polar and deep-sea benthic ecology
- Pelagic-benthic coupling processes
- Food web dynamics
- Marine biodiversity and ecosystem function
- Disturbance impacts on benthic communities
- Impacts of glacial processes on benthic communities
- Ocean stewardship and conservation