Apollo Marco D. Lizano » Members
Here you can find a list of all ARCTOS members and PhD students. In the drop-down menu you can either select the member status or the institution the member belongs to.
- Application of molecular genetics & genomic approaches to examine ecology and evolution of marine organism with implications to biodiversity and resource management
- Population genomics of Calanus hyperboreus
- Phylogenomics of Calanus spp
- Ecology of tropical marine invertebrates
PhD project title:
Population genomics of Calanus hyperboreus in the Arctic & Atlantic Oceans
PhD project description:
The main objective of my study is to characterize patterns of genetic connectivity among populations of C. hyperboreus across the whole distribution of the species in the Arctic & Atlantic oceans. As the genome of this species is particularly large (~12Gbp), the use of ten to thousands of molecular markers is necessary to investigate the variability at a genome-wide level. Gene capture enrichment techniques coupled with Next-Generation Sequencing will be used to generate these large number of single nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) markers which will be applied for population genomics and phylogenomics analyses.
Start date: Nov 2018
End date: Oct 2021
Galice Hoarau, Nord University, Bodø, Norway
Marvin Choquet, Nord University, Bodø, Norway
- Marine Science Institute, University of the Philippines Diliman (UPMSI), SRS II Nov 2015-October 2018: Identifying ecologically meaningful management units for high-value sea cucumber
- UPMSI, Graduate student Sept 2012-Oct 2015: Genetic diversity & population genetic structure among Philippine populations of Stichopus cf. horrens
- National Fisheries Research & Development Institute (NFRDI), Research Assistant Jul 2011-Aug 2012: DNA Barcoding of CITES listed and threatened marine organism in the Philippines
- Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History (SI-NMNH), Research Assistant
- Apr 2011- May 2015 (Two mos. per ann.): DNA Barcoding of commercially important fishes in the Philippines
- Lizano AMD, Santos MD. Updates on the status of the giant clams Tridacna spp. and Hippopus hippopus in the Philippines using mitochondrial Co1 and 16s rRNA genes. Phil Sci Letters 2014:7(1).