Arunima Sen » Members
Here you can find a list of all ARCTOS members and PhD students. In the drop-down menu you can either select the member status or the institution the member belongs to.
- Chemosynthesis based ecosystem (cold seeps and hydrothermal vents) communities
- Imagery and seafloor mapping
- Spatial and temporal trends in communities
- Links and interactions between chemosynthesis based systems and ‘background’ benthos.
- CAGE centre of excellence
Relevant scientific publications:
- Sen, A., B. Dennielou, L. Droz, C. Decker, A. Arnaubec, C. Rabouille and K. Olu. Fauna and habitat types in the turbidity current driven Congo deep-sea fan lobes. In review, Deep Sea Biology II Topics in Oceanography
- Sen A., J. Miller, K. J. Hovey, S. Kim, S. Hourdez, G. W. Luther III and C.R. Fisher. Peripheral communities of the Eastern Lau Spreading Center and Valu Fa Ridge: community composition, temporal change and comparison to near-vent communities. 2016. Marine Ecology 37(3): 599-617
- Sen A., A. Gaillot, H. Ondréas, Y. Marcon, J. M. Augustin and K. Olu. The use of multibeam bathymetry and backscatter as a means of identifying faunal assemblages in a deep-sea cold seep. Deep Sea Research I 110: 33-49
- Sen A., L. Becker, E.A. Shearer, A. Gartman, M. Yücel, A.S. Madison, S. Hourdez, G.W. Luther III and C.R. Fisher. Community succession in hydrothermal vent habitats of the Eastern Lau Spreading Center and Valu Fa Ridge, Tonga. 2014. Limnology and Oceanography 59(5): 1510-1528
- Sen, A., L. Becker, E.L. Podowski, L.N. Wickes, S. Ma, K.M. Mullaugh, S. Hourdez, G.W. Luther III and C.R. Fisher. 2013. Distribution of mega fauna on sulfide edifices on the Eastern Lau Spreading Center and Valu Fa Ridge. Deep Sea Research I 72: 48-60
Popular science and outreach:
- Facts from the Field, Blogs, 2016: What are negative crystals?; What are hydrothermal vents?
- Schmidt Ocean Institute, Blog, 2016: Too hot to handle