Boris Espinasse » Members
Here you can find a list of all ARCTOS members and PhD students. In the drop-down menu you can either select the member status or the institution the member belongs to.
- Mesoscale patterns of plankton distributions in relation with environmental conditions
- Size structure of zooplankton communities and biomass transfer
- Isotopic signatures as well as trophic structure and functioning of marine ecosystem
- Optical methods and their applications in biological oceanography research.
Running national and international projects:
- ConocoPhillips Calanus project: ‘Impact of the variability in the Norwegian and Barents Sea Calanus complex on ecosystems and commercial fish stocks’ (2012-2016)
Completed national and international projects:
- ANR COSTAS (French government): ‘Transfer of contaminants through the food web, phytoplankton, zooplankton, anchovy and sardine’ (2009-2013)
Relevant scientific publications:
- Espinasse B, Harmelin-Vivien M, Tiano M, Guilloux L, Carlotti F (2014) Patterns of variation in C and N stable isotope ratios in size-fractionated zooplankton in the Gulf of Lion, NW Mediterranean. Journal of Plankton Research, doi: 10.1093/plankt/fbu043
- Espinasse B, Carlotti F, Zhou M. and Devenon J (2014) Defining zooplankton habitats in the Gulf of Lion (NW Mediterranean Sea) using size structure and environmental conditions. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 506, 31-46
- Alekseenko E, Raybaud V, Espinasse B, Carlotti F, Queguiner B, Thouvenin B, Garreau P and Baklouti M (2014) Seasonal dynamics and stoichiometry of the planktonic community in the NW Mediterranean Sea: a 3D modeling approach. Ocean Dynamic, 64, 179-207.
- Espinasse B, Zhou M, Zhu Y, Hazen E, Friedlaender A, Nowacek D, Chu D, Carlotti F (2012) Austral fall-winter transition of mesozooplankton assemblages and krill aggregations in an embayment west of the Antarctic Peninsula. Marine Ecology Progress Series 452:63-80
- Nowacek DP, Friedlaender AS, Halpin PN, Hazen EL, Johnston DW, Read AJ, Espinasse B, Zhou M, Zhu Y (2011) Super-Aggregations of Krill and Humpback Whales in Wilhelmina Bay, Antarctic Peninsula. PLoS ONE 6:e19173