Ingrid Wiedmann » Members
Here you can find a list of all ARCTOS members and PhD students. In the drop-down menu you can either select the member status or the institution the member belongs to.
My present research activities focus on the vertical flux of organic biomass and sinking particles (> 50 μm) in high latitude regions (Barents Sea; Adventfjorden, Svalbard) and potential drivers of major sedimentation events such a turbulence, upward nitrate flux, phytoplankton and zooplankton composition, or glacial run-off. This meets my research interests of field-based research with a major focus on physical-biological interactions.
Running national and international projects:
- ARCEx – Research Centre for Arctic Petroleum Exploration
- CarbonBridge – Bridging marine productivity regimes: How Atlantic advective inflow affects productivity, carbon cycling and export in a melting Arctic Ocean
Completed national and international projects:
- CONFLUX – Fate of organic material in the ocean: Controlling mechanisms in vertical flux regulation
Relevant scientific publications:
- Wiedmann, I., Reigstad, M., Marquardt, M., Vader, A., Gabrielsen, T.M. Seasonality of vertical flux and sinking particle characteristics in an ice-free Arctic fjord – different from subarctic fjords? Journal of Marine Systems, accepted for publication.
- Wiedmann, I., Reigstad, M., Sundfjord, A., Basedow, S. Potential drivers of sinking particles’ size spectra and vertical flux of particulate organic carbon (POC): Turbulence, phytoplankton and zooplankton. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 119 (10), 6900-6917.