Ulrike Grote » Members
Here you can find a list of all ARCTOS members and PhD students. In the drop-down menu you can either select the member status or the institution the member belongs to.
- Calanoid copepod ecology and physiology with focus on Arctic species
- Impact of climate change especially increasing temperature on calanoid copepods
- Phenotypic plasticity and its importance for adaptation to climate change
Relevant scientific publications:
- Grote U, Pasternak A, Arashkevich E, Halvorsen E, Nikishina A (2015) Thermal response of ingestion and egestion rates in the Arctic copepod Calanus glacialis and possible metabolic consequences in a warming ocean. Polar Biology 38: 1025-1033. doi: 10.1007/s00300-015-1664-5
- Alcaraz M, Felipe J, Grote U, Arashkevich E, Nikishina A (2014) Life in a warming ocean: thermal thresholds and metabolic balance of arctic zooplankton. Journal of Plankton Research 36: 3-10. doi: 10.1093/plankt/fbt111
- Pasternak A, Arashkevich E, Grote U, Nikishina A, Solovyev K (2013) Different effects of increased water temperature on egg production of Calanus finmarchicus and C. glacialis. Oceanology 53: 547-553. doi: 10.1134/s0001437013040085
Popular science and outreach:
- Spring 2015: visit by 4-6 year-old children from Bymyra kindergarten – living benthic and pelagic animals to observe and touch
- Spring 2015: visit of 11th grade German school class – lecture ‘Arctic biology studies in Tromsø and the Arctic marine ecosystem’ and little excursion of the NFH building including looking at living benthic and pelagic animals
- Autumn 2011: visit of 11th grade German school class – lecture ‘Calanus in the Arctic’ and lab work ‘identifying zooplankton’.