Coralie Barth-Jensen » Members
Here you can find a list of all ARCTOS members and PhD students. In the drop-down menu you can either select the member status or the institution the member belongs to.
PhD project title:
Small copepods in high latitudes.
PhD project description:
My PhD will focus on different aspects of the zooplankton population dynamics in the high latitude ecosystems, with emphasis on the small copepod group. My interest is to comprehend their seasonal variation and ecological importance. For that purpose, I will use a combination of both field and laboratory studies to enlarge the shortage of information available for small copepods in the Northern waters.
Start date: May 2015
Planned submission date: Spring 2020
Camilla Svensen (UiT, Tromsø, Norway)
Peter Thor (NPI, Tromsø, Norway)
Relevant scientific publications:
- Nutrient gradients in Panamanian estuaries: Effects of watershed deforestation, rainfall, upwelling, and within-estuary transformations; by I. Valiela, A. Giblin, C. Barth-Jensen, C. Harris, T. Stone, S. Fox, J. Crusius. 2013. Featured article in Marine Ecology Progress Series, 482. doi: 10.3354/meps10358.
- Deforestation of watersheds of Panama: nutrient retention and export to streams; by I. Valiela, C. Barth-Jensen, T. Stone, J. Crusius, S. E. Fox, M. Bartholomew. 2013. Biogeochemistry. doi: 10.1007/s10533-013-9836-2.
- Increased rainfall remarkably freshens estuarine and coastal waters on the Pacific coast of Panama: Magnitude and likely effects on upwelling and nutrient supply; by I. Valiela, L. Camilli, T. Stone, A. E. Giblin, J. Crusius, S. E. Fox, C. Barth-Jensen, R. Oliveira Monteiro, P. Martinetto , J. Tucker, C. M. Harris. 2012. Global and Planetary Changes 92-93: 130-137. doi: 10.1016/j.gloplacha.2012.05.006.
- Population dynamics and zooplankton-predation impact of the indigenous scyphozoan Aurelia aurita and the invasive ctenophore Mnemiopsis leidyi in Limfjorden (Denmark); by H. U. Riisgård, C. V. Madsen, C. Barth-Jensen, J. E. Purcell. 2012. Aquatic Invasions, 7 (2): 147-162. doi: 10.3391/ai.2012.7.2.001
- High abundance of the jellyfish Aurelia aurita excludes the invasive ctenophore Mnemiopsis leidyi to establish in a shallow cove (Kertinge Nor, Denmark); by H. U. Riisgård, C. Barth-Jensen, C. V. Madsen. 2010. Aquatic Invasions, 5 (4): 347–356. doi: 10.3391/ai.2010.5.4.03